KDR 0.00% $1.90 kidman resources limited

Yes, millennials will eventually drive. But IMO most of the...

1. 292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307
    Yes, millennials will eventually drive. But IMO most of the world is missing the rapidly approaching economic pressure of EVs and the impact it will have.

What interests me, is that as the price of EVs becomes cheaper than the equivalent combustion engine - now predicted to be as early as 2022: https://e360.yale.edu/digest/electric-cars-could-be-as-affordable-as-conventional-vehicles-in-just-three-years - what happens to sales of ICE's from that point?

Let's say in 2022, half the population wants an electric vehicle for their next purchase, because: it's cheaper to run and cheaper to maintain and, well, now cheaper to BUY as well... Will there be enough batteries for 50% of the world's car sales? I doubt it (particularly with competition from home storage).
    So a few people just buy another ICE, but my money is a LOT of people decide NOT buy an ICE and wait for more batteries/EVs to become available.
    Yes, there will be a rise in EVs, but my prediction for the next 5 years is the bigger story will be the rapid fall of the combustion engine.

This unstoppable reality means Batteries and their components (Lithium being a big one) will be bigger winners than we all currently understand.
    Last edited by mlives: 21/04/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.