PLS 3.83% $2.98 pilbara minerals limited

re:Lithium demand surge, page-390

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    Old information ???

The Sydney Water arcticle is 2 days old. Sorry if it has been posted before. The Birmingham research is from Sept this year.

At the very least it is interesting because it’s happening in Australia. Amazing how threatened people get by information that doesn’t sit neatly with their preconceptions.

Distruption is a process and people will eventually strive for cheaper, cleaner, better. If someone comes up with a cheaper, cleaner, better battery material, lithium will be disrupted just like many of you think oil will be disrupted by lithium. Oil is more deeply entrenched than lithium so oil currently remains harder to disrupt than lithium. How quickly disruption happens depends on how entrenched the thing that is being disrupted is in a market and how cheaply and easily the disruptor is to get to market and its relative utility/unit cost. Just look at something like digital storage and the disruption that’s happened there in our lifetimes. I’m not using a floppy disk anymore and optical disks are practically dead with the advent of the cloud, faster computers and faster networks, and when will spinning magnetic discs become totally extinct? I’ve only got solid state hard drives in all my devices now. These disruptions are all happening pretty quickly.

Keeping ones eyes open never hurts. Ignoring a potential medium to long term lithium disruptor is as foolish for lithium investors as oil investors ignoring the potential for EVs to disrupt the ICE market. Esh

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.110(3.83%)
Mkt cap ! $8.969B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.99 $3.10 $2.95 $98.90M 32.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 16986 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.98 175531 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.