PLS 7.12% $2.86 pilbara minerals limited

re:Lithium demand surge, page-899

1. 736 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    What are peoples views on the current flare up in Paris of anti-carbon tax protesters?

I think this could present an issue for EV's as one of the key catalysts for mass acceptance of EV's will be cost efficiencies gained from large scale production. To get to large scale production there has been a consistent stream of regulatory action and government funded subsidies aimed at shifting EV's down and ICE vehicles back up the cost curve. If these French protesters move to opposing these broader regulatory levers that are being used to support higher penetration rates for EV's we could see a situation where first France and then possibly other European nations get forced to roll back supports for renewables and the broader EV market.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/12/paris-ban-petrol-cars-city-2030-pollution-crackdown/

What I have been thinking for a while is that renewables are the dead weight. EV's remove pollution from the air and transfer it to the energy source that can be thousands of kms away, while renewables make electricity more expensive and less reliable not just for consumers and industry but also increase the cost of transitioning our transport fleet to hydrogen and battery electric. 

As far as I am concerned renewables are a dead weight, for EV based transport as much as any other energy intensive industry. Should the EV industry try to segregate to some degree from the renewables sector or join together against the peasant uprising? 
    Last edited by RBradley1980: 09/12/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.86
Change
0.190(7.12%)
Mkt cap ! $8.551B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.76 $2.88 $2.74 $119.3M 42.33M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
149 674100 $2.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.86 676675 60
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.26pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.