BHP 0.07% $42.78 bhp group limited

re: lower tomorrow..up 3percent now.... What BHP does in the UK...

1. 1,068 Posts.
    re: lower tomorrow..up 3percent now.... What BHP does in the UK is VERY important to how it will do here. The only thing it doesn't do is give you an indicator of the share price, for that you have to look at the ADR's in the US.

BHP ADR's fell 40c last night but the rise in the USD cancelled out nearly all of that, so a fair value for BHP at the end of today's session is exactly where it closed yesterday - $27.90.

HOWEVER, if BHP is trending strongly one way or the other, it will close here in a range up to 50c higher or lower than the ADR close. To pick the trend, you look at... you guessed it... the UK listing, which was up nearly 4% last night and still managed a respectable 1.2% despite the big fall in the copper price as the market priced in a likely resolution to the strike over the weekend (this was overdone in my opinion).

More importantly, most of the other big miners also finished on the plus side in the UK.

Based on this, a reasonable expectation for BHP today would be flat to +50c. My personal expectation is down 20c as it's Friday and the market prefers to park it's money in bank stocks over the weekend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.78
Change
0.030(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $216.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.92 $43.08 $42.62 $778.2M 18.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $42.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.81 119112 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.