PLA 0.00% 6.7¢ platinum australia limited

I have recently revisited the northam/jubilee mou from July...

1. 16 Posts.
    I have recently revisited the northam/jubilee mou from July 2010.
    If anyone is unaware, ill explain.
    Northam and jubilee signed a mou to evaluate commercial development of a conroast furnace.
    The idea is that northam's new booysendal mine is predominantly ug2 chromite rich ore. 6 in line smelters have already been proven to be unreliable at best in processing this ore. Many majors blend the ug2 and merensky in the hope of no more blowouts. All this is costly business.
    That's where jubilee can step in. The conroast smelters are designed to process ug2 with lower running and build costs.
    As far as I know we haven't heard any more about this MOU since 2010. However, booysendal is due to open soon. So what are northam going to do?
    It's my guess (and I'm only speculating) that IMO i hope jubilee and northam will seek to reach a deal on jubilee processing years worth of ore, in return for northam building the smelters in the first place with jubilee charging a processing fee whilst also being allowed to use the units for their own use. A ball park figure of £15 million per smelter has been posted on another BB.Jubilee I'm sure will want extra conroast units to process the 69 tailings dumps, smokey hills and dilakong. The scenario I mentioned is a win, win for jubilee and northam. I hope that we will hear more post merger. However, as the clock is counting down to the opening of booysendal is their another alternative to a deal with jubilee? I can't see one myself.
    There is not another technology that can process ug2 as efficiently as conroast.
    If the above scenario is reached then this will be absolutely massive and another reason why I'm holding my shares. I presume that jubilee would be unwise to conclude a deal pre merger, as the merger completion will dictate how many conroast smelters they need. I hope we are in for some surprise big news like this post merger.

Best wishes from up north

Eyeguy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.