re: miles inconsiderate most religous leaders Is anyone reminded...

1. 8,980 Posts.
    re: miles inconsiderate most religous leaders Is anyone reminded of our (well not mine but all the catholics') current pope who introduced the utterancs of some racist, anti-islam, 14thc. bigotted hierarch in his speech and then claimed he was "taken out of context?"
    I don't know what this chappy has said and banjar is right, I don't know whether he's taken out of context. The Mufti said he was but he said that a number of times in the past. It seems to be a common excuse for him, according, again to someone who might have a political ax to grind. But the media needs to do a better job. Why not publish the sermon, ie, if the sermon was written and not simply spoken off the cuff.
    In any case, the boy also said something which I found controversial in the extreme and that was that he would resign only if the world cleans itself of the White House (a loose paraphrase but close enough to the meaning) That, in my opinion ought to also be discussed in a clear and unambiguous way.
    I hate religion and I hate people taking who are given a high moral dias from which to spout forth moral dictation. Pee them all off: Popes, Muftis, Rabbis, Llamas, the lot. (But you can leave the vestal virgins - for my eyes only!)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.