re: miners to get 2.7 mn from new idea and ch 7 fo You're pretty...

1. 430 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    re: miners to get 2.7 mn from new idea and ch 7 fo You're pretty hard to please you mob. This is the greatest story of SURVIVAL in underground mining since Variscetti was resued in the first mine rescue in 1907. These blokes are survivors, not heroes. A previous poster was correct to say that the rescuers are the heroes, in the truest Australian sense of the word, they put their lives on the line for their mates & their peers. I've done a bit of mine rescue over the years & I don't reckon that any one of those blokes would cheapen their efforts by accepting a penny. The recompense of getting those 2 blokes out of the hole is more than enough, & that feeling will keep them warm for the rest of their lives.
    As for the media giving them a few million for their story, well good luck to them! They'll have mental issues in one form or another for quite a while & may not be able to mine again.
    Interesting to note that the miners voted to get back to work at Beaconsfield. They know that mining at 1000m is fraught with induced siesmicity, anyone who has been at that depth & listened to the ground 'talk' is well aware of that. It's when she stops talking that you start to worry...
    Hardrock.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.