LYC 0.78% $7.76 lynas rare earths limited

re: news - my take on what was said, page-4

1. 2,364 Posts.
    re: news - my take on what was said Lambda we're all impatient and excited but there's a while to wait yet before significant cash comes in, IMO.
    We'll be producing our first bit of product anytime now.
    Then samples will be provided to customers for verification.
    In the meantime,we're producing but below nameplate capacity. Soon (1 month later?) we'll have enough to deliver product: sometime March probably. Put it on a ship and a few weeks, sometime April, it arrives. And we'll get a cheque probably 60 days after that because business is never in a hurry to pay: that's June most likely.
    By then the LAMP phase 1 will be in full production and phase 2 ramping up so the cashflow (delayed as above) will really get going over the next couple of months.
    I'm not trying to be a damper here, but we need to realise first product output (while hugely significant) isn't cash flow.
    I'm hopeful 3rd quarter this (calendar) year we'll have significant cashflow and the 4th will provide a clear guide to how we're going having achieved steady state nameplate production.
    For mine, this is more or less the best case scenario and delays of a month or 2 more to sort out technical issues are not unlikely.
    But hey, I've been waiting since mid 2010 and now it's really happening so I'm very optomistic for Lynas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.