Oilman3,Yes, I was quite taken by the Marcus article a few...

1. 435 Posts.
    Oilman3,

Yes, I was quite taken by the Marcus article a few weekends ago. Not sure why he used the term zombie, but if the cap fits....

For those who missed the very informative article in the Age two Saturdays ago, Marcus Padley outlined his theory on what constitutes success (achieving something which has a significant degree of risk, the risk part being the important thing), and how to be successful on the stock market.

Basically, the way he suggests to make a motza on the market is not through blue chips (risk too low, return too low), not through day trading (if you are lucky, you get the same return as blue chips, but pay much much more brokerage), but as follows:

You should search for low-priced companies that have been overlooked by the market, get to understand them (which puts you ahead of most people), and when you find the right one, you buy up huge quantities (because they are cheap, you can afford to do this), and wait for the market to wake up.

Marcus Padley did not tell the readers what his low-priced company was, and I am not going to tell you what one of mine is, either. You'll just have to guess.

Do your own research.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.