MYG 2.20% 93.0¢ mayfield group holdings limited

re: random thoughts

1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    We are all consumed by the low SP,a punishing POG, no sign of finance, and management's deafening silence, with the only recent news being revealed on HC,is that part of the board has decided that it is the right time to go on leave.However one must allow for the fact that health issues could be involved, and therefore stay even handed. Recent posts are all seemingly about these concerns, but what they are really about is an expression of pure frustration with the apparent lack of progress, and at the same time a feeling that we are being left in the dark.So what happens? Imagination takes over and when it does, it always runs wild.Or to put it another way this feeling of powerlessness is driving us all nuts.

To get some relief from this current obsession I thought that it be appropriate to bring up some random thoughts and observations in the context of imaginations going over the top.

1) Finance. Apart from the Sandstone facility the rest is probably dead.Closing out the CS hedge when you think about it could well have gone hand in hand with CS closing down the whole deal.It would not surprise me if the only avenue left is Chinese money.Not my preferred option at all.

2)POG.This has been manipulated down by central banks trying to defend bloated currencies.As gold is the enemy of over printed paper money the central planners have declared war on it, and have tried to herd the populace away from it and towards cash.Given that the Western world is in an untenable debt hole they probably had no other option.But it won't work.The timeless intrinsic known value of gold will overwhelm the phoney paper market.Good for the POG,and good for MYG provided that we can stay solvent.

3)MYGOA. Unless a rabbit the size of an elephant can be pulled out of a hat next week, they are cooked.I am not holding my breath.However is the board considering re-issuing them for a nominal amount.I have been through this exercise before...so within the realms of possibility perhaps.

4)Controlling costs. Obviously essential. Would be a morale booster if the board could lead the way by making some personal financial sacrifices,and share the pain which us shareholders are feeling.

5)legal action. Can the board put this one to rest once and for all.This has been allowed to linger and the total deletion from HC of one former regular MYG poster has kept the imagination ticking over.We have enough negatives to cope with. We don't need that one as well.

6)On a lighter note. On ASX general there was recently a search for the best posters. Lots of names came up as did lots of comments and witticisms.A good fun, and good natured diversion from the general gloom and doom.If the same was to be conducted on the MYG thread a host names would pop up as we are fortunate to have a bunch of posters who are very well versed in the ins and outs of mining and finance.71c4 for example in my book would rate highly as would several others who have a similar grasp of mining.The quality of the regular posters is what makes this thread a popular one.

That's it.I told you at the start, slowly going nuts is a symptom some long suffering MYG holders are displaying in their recent posts. I have never written such a long rambling post before and therefore must thank you for your indulgence. In the meantime we wait for the magic bullet-a big leg up in the POG.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
93.0¢
Change
0.020(2.20%)
Mkt cap ! $85.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 93.0¢ 93.0¢ $9.407K 10.11K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 92.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 2679 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.