SLX 0.28% $3.54 silex systems limited

re-read mg's letter of 20th may, page-19

1. 20,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1786
    demon62, when you say "the follies that have taken their eyes off the ball" I can see why you would say that about Silex Solar, but it's demise was caused by several things, some of them beyond MG's control.

China selling cheap panels was one of the reasons, the US has only yesterday place an import tax on them, to stop some of their own Solar companies going to the wall, the other thing that didn't happen for Solar Systems was the delivery of promised technology by Translucent, which was caused by Translucent originally following the wrong path, that set them back several years, it also set Solar Systems back too.

But looking forward-:

Translucent are now on the right track with their methods of using lattice matching and buffering with Tin which has been the biggest change, especially using Tin which helps stop bowing,the IP about that, was something which they bought the world wide license for from the Arizona State Uni.

I believe that what they (Translucent) now have is going to make us a lot of money in the very near future, it will also allow Solar Systems to use the worlds best performing solar cells which they say may get to 60% efficiency, that together with some of the advances that Solar Systems have made with their dishes i.e. being half the size they are today, will make for a really low LCOE.

Lets talk about Chronologic.
    Not a lot of people here would understand the significance of timing and what that means in electronics or things like optic fiber systems, or testing gear, etc.

The velocity of propagation is 186 thousand miles per second, the same speed as light, most people would think that sending a signal from a 1000KM away compared to a signal arriving from say 40KM away would be insignificant compared to the speed of light, that isn't the case, especially when you are talking about systems working in giga bits per second for instance(very small slices of time where a hexadecimal binary code, eight bits per word consisting of either zero's or ones, which are sent as a laser being either switched on or off down a fiber as zero's or ones, at giga bits per second) because the signals would arrive at the destination at differing times due to the very small slice of time and the difference in signal reception then it would just be garbage if those signals mean something to each other, having a means to synchronise these things, is something that would be highly sought after, having a means that allows a USB connection to be in full synchronization, would be highly sought after as well, it is something that hasn't been done before.

I am not having a shot at you Demon62, most people don't understand the significance of what Silex have with their other interests, aside from Laser enrichment that is, but I am willing to bet that some of them may be huge, in fact MG said some time ago that Solar Systems has the ability to surpass Laser enrichment as the biggest source of income for Silex, all of this has taken time and it's toll.

I too would love to see some return and perhaps MG would have been better placed to wait for some runs on the board before seeking some short and long term incentives, but when all of us finally do get to see the biger picture, I am sure there will not be one person begrudging him those incentives somehow?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.54
Change
-0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $838.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.53 $3.55 $3.47 $1.894M 538.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1015 $3.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.56 271 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.