AVH 6.48% $2.63 avita medical inc.

Hi Wortza,"this is the closest I've seen to avh in recent years...

1. 5,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Hi Wortza,

"this is the closest I've seen to avh in recent years but i get from research TIS technology appears a more "clumsy" version"

To be clear I really do like the opportunities both AVH and TIS offer investors - but I actually prefer each technology in different treatment areas, so I just wanted to offer my opinion in response to your comment suggesting VitroGro appears to be a "clumsy" version of ReCell - This I don't agree with as I believe both technologies are ground-breaking in their own right...

82% of patients with venous ulcers who had not responded to expert care for 36 months before VitroGro treatment were partially or completely healed in 12 weeks.

Whilst I understand Avita more recently received very similar results from a smaller pilot study of ReCell on 10 patients for the treatment of venous ulcers, I believe, (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the science in this field for ReCell will still be required to show consistancy of these data in a larger designed clinical study to progress past a "cosmetic" classification.

“Insurers, reimbursement agencies and governments are increasingly demanding solid science, strong clinical results and convincing health economic data.“

“This data has not traditionally been required for the approval and reimbursement of wound care products and Tissue Therapies is one of very few wound care companies that can supply all of this.”

What you may not yet be aware of is that VitroGro is also indicated as a potential treatment for various cancers including those of the breast, colon and prostate.

The launch date of VitroGro with Quintiles is expected to proceed before the end of June this year, and sales estimates prior to September 2013 are significant.

An independent epidemiology-based sales forecasting model developed for Tissue Therapies by Global Health Economic Projects in New York based on fully referenced, sophisticated, published epidemiology data have already estimated global sales for VitroGro ECM to be US$1 billion per annum.

* Sales model based on diabe1c, venous and pressure ulcers opportunity. Acute wounds eg. burns not included.

* Sales model is based on fully referenced, sophis1cated, published epidemiology data.

* Sales projec1ons include low market share projec1ons:
    total market US$14 billion growing at 25% per annum

* Sales projec1ons are conservative based on the consistent, convenient clinical results already shown and
    cost effectiveness of VitroGro®

In regards to Tissue Therapies launch partner, out of the top 20 best selling global Biotechnology products or compounds in 2010, how many do you think Quintiles helped develop or commercialize?
    Answer: 20

A world authority on Wound Care, Prof Keith Harding who is also a founding member of the European Wound Management Association, founding member and first President of the European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel and forthcoming President of the European Tissue Repair Society, had this to say, when interviewed about VitroGro:

"I have been around this subject for nearly 30 years. I have seen a lot of new products come and go... there seemed to be a greater consistency of response in the patients that were exposed to this product, far more consistent than I’ve seen with other biological therapies that I personally have been involved in trialing or evidence that I have reviewed in other capacities."

Interview with Prof. Keith Harding

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.63
Change
0.160(6.48%)
Mkt cap ! $179.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.54 $2.64 $2.54 $874.2K 336.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3056 $2.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.63 4999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.