AEF 3.95% $3.95 australian ethical investment limited

As I understand they exclude all extraction industries. From the...

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    As I understand they exclude all extraction industries. From the AEF website

Mining

We generally avoid investment in the mining sector.
    When looking at the mining sector we balance 3 main factors: the value that the mined mineral has to the well-being of society, the harms of the mining process for people, animals and the environment, and whether or not the mineral is a limited resource.

We look not only at the potential positive uses of the mineral, but also whether the amount required for those positive uses could be met from higher levels of recycling and reuse of previously mined material; or whether there are alternative, more sustainable materials which can fulfil the same function. We also consider how good a job the mining sector is doing at minimising its adverse social and environmental impacts.

From this, we generally avoid investment in the mining sector, but there are potential exceptions. We could invest in lithium mining companies which appropriately manage their social and environmental impacts because of the crucial role lithium plays in expanding battery energy storage needed for the transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.95
Change
0.150(3.95%)
Mkt cap ! $445.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.75 $3.95 $3.70 $726.9K 187.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 4643 $3.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.95 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.