HDR hardman resources limited

re: Fantastic Thread - showdown Gentlemen and any contributing...

1. 23,011 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    re: Fantastic Thread - showdown Gentlemen and any contributing ladies,
    congratulations on a great thread of posts.
    As I understand it the concept way back when was to invest in companies and in return they pay you a dividend. Then there would not be the need to sell.
    So as I understand it..Ching has invested in Hardman for the long haul believing that the return he gets either by future dividends or hitting a price that is higher than intrinsic value and selling. I must admit that when I do this it is because I stuffed up my trade and didn't activate my stop loss. But the logic is sound or at least it was once.
    Buffets results speak for themselves but perhaps the rules of the game have changed. The worlds economies are not the same as they were and a new breed have entered the market with the advance of technology.
    The blue chips, once a safe bastion for slow growth and dividend yields have faltered. The markets are controlled by traders. They buy and they sell. Being able to read the markets and having strong disiplines will enable the savvy trader to blow the investor out of the water. Of course most won't make it...most investors won't either.
    But we can't really compare them as 2 seperate entities can we?
    What will the successful trader do with his capital?
    I would suggest that he would invest but perhaps some of his investments have stop lossses.
    Which brings me to what I have thought most plans were all along.
    Trade successfully to allow solid investments with the capital produced.
    Of course if some one knows where I can get the capital to invest without trading then I would be gratefull. Ok...I can work and save and when I am too old to care I can invest in something that I wont understand anyway. But the kids would be happy.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.