HDR hardman resources limited

re: showdown to yogi, bomber, debono, lrjones to debonoYou do or...

1. 672 Posts.
    re: showdown to yogi, bomber, debono, lrjones to debono
    You do or did trade derivatives Ching didn't you?
    Not anymore. I learnt an expensive lesson when I deviated from Buffett theology and used derivatives. I thought that TLS & NCP were massively overvalued and decided to back up my convictions with put warrants. An expensive mistake. The market eventually confirmed my belief, one year too late.

to lrjones
    If you investors,that are in love with HDR and couldn't give your allegiance to another, had been a little smarter you could have sold out at 90 cents waited till it pulled back to 50 cents and bought in again. This would have increased your holding, free of charge, by 80%.
    There is a guy on this forum who bought into HDR at less than 0.05 then sold it for a 100k profit after it doubled. His freind bought a similar stake in HDR but the freind held. His freind is a millionare, he missed the chance. I've seen HDR double and half dozens of times. I'm immune to regret because I know the intrinsic value is much higher than the market price.

to yogi
    Cannot agree, two current examples [of successfull trades], being ARQ and AYO:
    These are clear winners but is this a representative sample or did you pick the two winners out of four losers? If you were consistently got a strike rate equal to HDRs, 5 outta 6, I would be very interested, and surprised. It's a shame HC doesn't allow us to trade a hypothetical portfolio online where we could allow our differing theories to compete in an objective way.

You made reference to astrology and funds in the US ... you obviously have not been searching very hard, if you missed this one: http://www.afund.com/
    The website is amateurish. Looks dodgy to me. This fund is not registered with Bloomberg. In fact the Bloomberg site, with 8000 registered mutual fund has 4 Aussie funds but not a single astrology fund:

http://search.bloomberg.com/search97cgi/s97r_cgi?QueryText=AUSTRALIA&SearchChoice=CONTAINS&lang2=MFUND&Action=FilterSearch&country=us&type=none&filter=filter.hts&ResultTemplate=tklkup_mf.hts&ResultStart=1&ResultCount=100

You didn't answer my third question about the lack of any very rich, successfull prominent traders.

to bomber
    that you don't want to see anything other than that tunnel vision appearing before your eyes.
    Right again bomber buddy. I see a tunnel...going down...800m...into a sea of oil. 17000 barrels a day and my HDR shareholding means that 1 barrel in 440 belongs to me. Thats 38 barrels per day of pure Chinguetti crude worth US20 bucks a barrel.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.