ZFX zinifex limited

re take over, page-16

1. 5,233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    there was strange trading in OXR today.
    It went from 3.01 up to 3.08 just on close against the trend. there was a seller at 3.08 of 500k and 400k very high amounts for oxr and very unusual. so the stock was running up inspite of this huge blocking sell order of 900k.
    Didnt notice anything in the options but the stock should have gone thru $3 with today being so poor for metals.

My bet is that if anything is happening it might be a takeover for OXR. OXR would compliment zfx by giving them huge exposure into Asia and a presence in Gold and Copper as well. OXR is at a low price compared with the highs of May and is sitting on a great profit for 2006.
    ZFX might be confident enough that their smelter deal will go through and are aware that they need to spend the money first to avoid being an easy takeover target. Greg Gailey said as much during the recent comments after the Umicore deal was announced.

Partner1
    i am not experienced with this stuff but i assume that zfx execs would be cancelling holidays if they are doing something rather than the subject of a takeover. i would assume that if a TO had been recieved then they would have had to announce it to the ASX the moment it was recieved. Imagine being able to sit on it for a few days and buy up shares etc.

comments welcome
    cheers andrew

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.