BHP 0.07% $42.78 bhp group limited

Well if they are calling it up to make it go up then why would...

1. 1,068 Posts.
    Well if they are calling it up to make it go up then why would you ever bet against them?

But that story is full of holes, what you are insinuating is nothing more than an institutional ramp. We're talking a $100 billion company, it's way too big to ramp. Even broker upgrades leave it little moved. If the analysts are, without exception, calling it higher, then you'd be a fool to ignore them. Even if you did, with such strong fundamentals, you'd never bet against BHP. You may pick up a few lucky points if you were perfectly positioned leading into a soft day (like today) but that would be it. Global copper shortfalls, diminishing inventories in China at the same time as they have rising demand, equity markets in general reasserting their upward trends, Escondida strike to be resolved (one way or the other) in the near future, other industrial action will disrupt copper supplies before year's end, and BHP's resource upgrade announcement next month make for an extremely bullish picture.

Yet you claim to have a chart which ALREADY SHOWS that BHP will fall below $24.40. This statement has amused and confounded every technical analyst who has seen it.

Listening to other learned opinions is just one tool in my toolbox. Others are reading the news, looking at fundamentals, and doing some basic T/A (and reading the opinions of those who are much better at it than I am). The only thing suggesting a collapse is you, and you never even give a reason for it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.78
Change
0.030(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $216.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.92 $43.08 $42.62 $778.2M 18.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $42.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.81 119112 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.