MLS 5.00% 1.9¢ metals australia ltd

Paradiso33/Rennies ...... Yes, world power consumption will...

1. 56 Posts.
    Paradiso33/Rennies ...... Yes, world power consumption will continue to grow, but maybe "stagnate" for a year or two during the current world financial meltdown felt mostly in Europe, Japan & other western countries.

If MLS proves up a decent-sized, economic U deposit over the next year or two, the timing should be right to exploit, or at least interest a 'major'.

The current economic meltdown will subside & U demand will grow, especially if 'the world' does embrace large CO2 emission reduction / carbon trading - though I wouldn't hold my breath for any widespread agreement & I reckon i'd be blue in the face waiting for the actual implementation of 'promised' CO2 reductions.

Some 'alternative energy' base-load power stations will happen - the concentration of reflected sunlight on to 'heat storage towers' looks practical to me & I hold out hope for 'sea-bed' located wave energy power production. You can discount wind for base-load - even averaging wind production over the whole of the British Isles, wind power production only amounts to 26% effective; & when the wind doesn't blow in the north, it doesn't blow in the S or W or E of Britain either! - so you still need 100% 'other power source' back-up. Wind can produce some power, but not necessarily when you need it!

Land-locked & higher latitude nations do not have these possible future base-load power options - for them it's gas or coal (if they've got them)- or nuclear, especially if they agree to reduce CO2 emissions.

China is about to build modern nuclear 'pebble bed' reactors (in addition to the coal-fired stations that they bring on stream every few days - have done so for a decade & not likely to slow the rate of constructions for the next 10 years, greenhouse gasses or no).

India & China & others will go ahead building nuclear stations & demand for U will increase - though as I understand it, the quantity of known U is rather limited & will all be consumed within 50 years.

So, yeah, U will have a future. & demand will fuel price. So, if MLS DOES prove up a viable U deposit, it will have a future ......

(In my 'back of an envelope) calculation, I was everywhere conservative, including using a U price of (US)$40/lb).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.