PDN 3.33% $10.24 paladin energy ltd

reactors under construction, page-12

1. 1,341 Posts.
    What I mean by intellectual capital is that it takes time to develop. A better example would be the UK. It was the first nation to develop nuclear power, but after the non-nuclear movement and the lack of investment, when it came time 9three years ago) to replace their old (the oldest in the developed world) reactors, they realised that they didn't have the design capability, construction capacity, or even the operating systems in place to replace their existing plants. Even though they operated and built their existing facilities!!! So they got the French in to do the lot - even in large part, to co-own and operate them.

The problem with this topic is that everyone is an expert. And the silly statements I see posted just annoy. Just because everyone believes something - doesn't make it true.

Indians can build and operate coal fired power stations easily. The basic technology involved in burning coal to generate electricity using a steam turbine is more than one century old and the optimum power plant configuration, materials and operating conditions are extensively documented. The concept of a simple boiler and steam turbine running on burning pulverised coal is predictable and technical risks are minimal.

There are in fact only (as far as I know) four groups who can build a third generation, and two groups (maybe one) who can build a fourth generation nuclear plant. Without stating the bleeding obvious, the Indians are not one of these groups.

I am only stating the obvious. Forget the silly replies - or I am out of here. I am just trying to educate. i suspect was playing in uranium long before any the above posters. Just maybe a know a little more than I am letting on - even if that is not very much.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.24
Change
0.330(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $3.061B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.15 $10.29 $10.09 $20.01M 1.959M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 250 $10.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.24 120 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.