ARU 3.03% 16.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

read and heed!, page-133

1. 676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    re: party time....yellowcake Kalmsy, one of my boys is the real helmsman for the passage to Ithaca, having been a national U21 champion sailor in Lasers, Fireballs and latterly among the the top 10 Tasar sailors. He is about to try Tornados. (By the way I am an ex-laser sailor, hence my nick) We are jointly preparing a 36' timber gaff rigged cutter which should give fairer speed and be welcomed by the oarsmen.
    Again, well done on the Laramide scoop. Yes, it will do well for ARU Monday although maybe some knew Friday.
    (Reminds me of when Madison in Canada released significant drill results at Mt Kare through Bloomsberg in their JV with Carpenter Pacific, 24 hrs before CPR(?) did through the ASX!!!) Some of s benefited. (ASX forced a trading halt)
    It would be good to hold Laramide-three linked areas, eh?
    I agree on Nolan's. If they stick to the earlier strategy of removing a contaminant to REE and phosphate lease which they can sell as a by-product through an agent. ie an extraction permit and no requirement for an export permit.
    By the way there is not a consensus that employment beneits and social benefits always flow to local inhabitants and here were submission o the recent federal hearing on uranium claiming severe social destruction to Aboriginal community fabric despite massive royalty payments. (note royalties on Aboriginal land flow to the community and t/o's, not the NT Govt. They are first paid to the FedGovt into consolidated revenue and are reimbursed to the community through the Aboriginal Benefits Trust Account. The ABTA in turn pays proportions to the T/O,s in the area; the community in the area( eg Yellow Waters Motel in Kakadu, a major shopping centre in Alice Springs); and NT-wide Aborigininal benefit(this includes administrative funds to the land councils, purchase of pastoral properties, grants to communities for economic and social purposes.
    Despite this largesse, and the annual royalty to one smallgroup in Kakadu is $8Mpa, further applications to mine have been refused(eg Koongara a few monthsago) and ERA is still without approval to extend its U mine at Ranger. In contrast Alcan have no problems at Gove. It is important that these rejections on Aboriginal land have been by the Fed Govt, not the NT Govt..
    Because of the nature of the title, the Commonwealth has the power to approve or reject mining, not the NT government.. (the NT cannot do anything w/out Fed say so although they have also said they would not approve a new U mine. But theirs is a secondary power).
    A number of posters seem to have chosen to ignore this fact and have falsely libelled and attributed blame to Claire Martin's Nt government. In turn, the fact thatthe wider NNUM policy position is shared nationally with all other state/territory govts has also been conveniently ignored. Again it seems that there is move to bully and scapegoat the NT, and perhaps women are seen as inferior and not in their proper place-the kitchen.
    My apologies if anyone is bored but here does seem to be a lot of misinformation around.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.