GSR 0.00% 1.1¢ greenstone resources limited

read this announcement for gold gold

1. 10,214 Posts.
    this is to stop a speeding ticket over the next couple of days,read the entire notice,big things about to happen here....Enhanced two-tiered gold strategy for 2008
    • Expand Burbanks (WA) resource & mine production
    • Expand number and size of gold projects in same province
    ASX listed Barra Resources Limited (ASX code: “BAR”) is pleased today to announce its formal 2008
    strategy. This strategy has been designed to drive enhanced gold outcomes at the Company’s now
    well established and highly prospective flagship gold mining projects in the broader Kambalda
    province of Western Australia.
    The 2008 gold strategy follows a comprehensive review by Barra’s management during the
    December 2007 quarter of the optimal development path for the existing Burbanks gold mine and
    other priority gold projects.
    The review was prompted by a series of significant positive developments in the closing half of
    calendar 2007 for the mine, 8 kilometres southwest of Coolgardie. These included a greater than
    expected rate of decline development, which allowed enhanced resource definition drilling of deeper
    mineralisation, and, first-time access to the entire mining reserve. Burbanks also increased
    delineation of higher grade reefs – encouraging a focus on full mine development before any decision
    to resume full production.
    Significantly, these achievements were gained within an environment of sustained strength in global
    gold prices. Barra expects this price strength to continue into 2008. The Company’s gold strategy
    therefore for the next 12 months will be underpinned by maximising the benefits of the mine
    infrastructure and ore access we have now established at Burbanks and paralleling that with stepping
    out the Company’s gold footprint to provide involvement in, or ownership of, other gold projects in the
    province which offer genuine opportunities for near-term exploitation.
    2008 gold strategy decisions and objectives
    • Upgraded Burbanks indicated resource estimate due early February
    • Additional indicated and inferred resource update likely April-May
    • Further resource upside beneath high grade historical workings
    • 70% increase in exploration drilling to 34,000 metres
    • Increased exploration (drilling) budget - A$3.7 million
    • Completed decline to aid mining cost efficiencies from 2008
    • Finalisation of new inventory and mill options to determine restart date
    • Forecast 2008 production cash costs of A$580 per ounce
    • Wider gold footprint - new Kambalda West and Londonderry projects.
    BURBANKS GOLD PROJECT – 8kms Southwest Coolgardie, WA
    Wholly-owned by Barra and one of Western Australia’s new breed of underground gold mines,
    Burbanks will resume full production some months into 2008. The exact timing is subject to
    completion of the current assessment of regional gold processing options, and completion of a
    satisfactory upgrade in resource inventory.
    29 JJAANUAARRYY 2008 ASX ANNOUNCCEEMEENTT
    Barra Resources Limited (ABN 86 093 396 859)
    Mercury House, Level 3, 33 Richardson Street, West Perth, Western Australia 6005
    Telephone: (08) 9481 3911 Facsimile: (08) 9481 3955
    Mine production was halted when faster than expected development of the decline provided strategic
    advantage for greater ore access opportunities for resource definition drilling.
    Competitive cash cost
    Based on initial production by Barra during 2006-2007, Burbanks going forward will have estimated
    cash costs ranging from A$580-$660 per ounce, depending on development requirements. Overall
    cash costs for the mine in 2007 were A$614 per ounce, including all mining, milling and transport
    costs but excluding advanced decline development. All development costs have now been expensed.
    At gold prices of around A$900 per ounce, Barra can from 2008, mine 3.6g/t grade ore for a net yield
    of 39%, due to Burbanks’ shallow depths of current resources and advanced decline development,
    completed during 2007 ahead of schedule.
    Production to increase
    Production from the Burbanks gold mine is forecast to rise to between 35,000 and 40,000 ounces per
    annum from 2008.
    The mine produced 235,577 tonnes for 27,160 ounces at an average of 3.6g/t for calendar 2007. This
    average grade was less than initial reserve grades of 4.88g/t due to unexpected dilution from old
    historical underground stopes and breakthroughs into the waste backfilled Lady Robinson pit. Future
    production will not suffer from the same dilution effects as new stoping blocks are well away from
    historically mined areas.
    Resource upgrade imminent
    The aggressive approach this year to the mine development schedule, ahead of production, created
    access to the entire underground mining reserve at Burbanks far sooner than forecast.
    This included access for the first time for exploration drilling stations beneath the very lowest level of
    the mine.
    As a result, Barra’s management now expects an indicated resource upgrade by early February 2008
    from the extensive infill and extensional drilling programs, with an additional inferred upgrade from
    broad spaced drilling expected in April-May 2008.
    Burbanks - Underground Exploration
    The Company plans to spend approximately A$1million on underground diamond drilling at Burbanks
    during the first half of 2008.
    The majority of this expenditure will be on strike, depth and plunge extensions of the high grade 7
    level, Hadfield Reef, Wahloo South, Dahmu Reef and the Eastern Reef system. Drilling will also be
    heavily focussed on the new deep high grade reef discovered late last year with first results released
    late last month.
    Previous drill coverage in these areas is virtually non-existent. The Company strongly believes
    Burbanks can deliver well in excess of 200,000 ounces of future gold resources and will continue to
    persist with aggressive drilling programs.
    Burbanks - Surface Regional Drilling
    An aggressive drilling program combining both surface Reverse Circulation (RC) and Diamond
    Drilling totalling 12,450 has been scheduled for 2008.
    A total of A$1.3 million will be spent exploring both north and south along strike from the Burbanks
    mine.
    Mercury House, Level 3, 33 Richardson Street, West Perth, Western Australia 6005
    One prospect to receive particular attention will be Pipeline, located 2km north along strike. Recent
    surface rock chip and calcrete sampling programs have returned encouraging results up to 9g/t gold.
    The area of significant anomalism extends for several hundred metres.
    Barra also intends to test, from the surface, the area between the Christmas Pit and historical
    Mainlode workings located 400m north along strike. Mainlode produced 86,000 ounces of gold at
    18.3g/t during 1905 – 1914. Only shallow drilling to a maximum depth of 40m has been previously
    undertaken in this area.
    LONDONDERRY PROJECT
    This new project, recently acquired from Monarch Gold Mining Company Ltd, is located immediately
    east of the Burbanks mining lease. It comprises six granted prospecting licenses encompassing an
    area three times that of Burbanks.
    It is of particular interest to the Company as it contains the thrust repeated geological sequence that
    hosts the producing Burbanks mine.
    Only minimal broad spaced Aircore and RAB drilling has been undertaken over the project area with
    several encouraging results from shallow depths.
    Barra intends to spend approximately $200,000 on this project during the first half of 2008.
    KAMBALDA WEST PROJECT
    This new project, just announced to the market, is located some 20km west of Kambalda in Western
    Australia. It contains the northerly extension of the geological sequence hosting Ramelius Resources’
    high grade and producing Wattle Dam open-pit (soon to be underground) gold mine.
    The decision by Barra to lift its gold exploration and production footprint across the world renowned
    Kambalda region will be implemented through a farm-in arrangement with project owner, Breakaway
    Resources Ltd.
    Kambalda West represents a highly strategic move for Barra as it combines a comprehensive
    in-house knowledge of the Kambalda area at a time when gold prices are being sustained at
    historic high levels.
    Barra has designed an aggressive gold exploration program totalling 6,900m of RC and Diamond
    Drilling to test a number of priority targets.
    Management regards the area as highly prospective for high grade gold deposits.
    Barra will spend $750,000 on this project in 2008 with work due to commence early in 2008.
    PHILLIPS FIND PROJECT
    The Phillips Find project, wholly owned by Barra, is located some 50km north of Coolgardie. The
    tenement package contains the Phillips Find mining centre where 40,000 ounces of gold has been
    mined, predominantly from historical workings and two modern open pits; Bacchus Gift and
    Newhaven. The Newminster prospect within the Phillips Find mining centre currently hosts an
    Indicated and Inferred resource of 28,500 tonnes grading 4.6g/t gold for 4,200 ounces, to 40m depth.
    Barra’s approach to Burbanks has been applied to the Phillips Find mining centre. Careful research,
    structural mapping and computer generated three dimensional modelling has been recently
    undertaken to unravel the structural complexity of the area. Diamond and RC drilling programs
    totalling 6,300m have been designed to test priority targets generated by this new work.
    We are currently looking at expanding our footprint in this area.
    Barra will spend $600,000 on the project with drilling scheduled to commence in April 2008.
    2008 OUTLOOK
    Barra is confident 2008 will generate significant growth for the Company and reward for shareholders,
    as past development costs at Burbanks have now been expensed and mine infrastructure is fully
    established. Barra has also gained a greater knowledge of the mine’s geology since commencement
    of mining last year.
    These factors will combine to deliver enhanced production at competitive cash cost into a strong gold
    price market, and continue to position Barra and Burbanks as one of Australia’s most successful new
    breed of gold explorers and producers.
    In addition, the introduction of two new highly prospective exploration projects at Kambalda West and
    Londonderry will enable the Company’s exploration team to continue to build the Company’s gold
    assets in the region.
    DEAN GOODWIN
    Managing Director
    Barra Resources Limited
    For further information, please contact:
    Dean Goodwin Gary Berrell
    Managing Director Chairman
    Mobile: 0410 482 867 Mobile: 0439 691 955

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.