GUN 0.00% 1.1¢ gunson resources limited

read this ...looks good to me.

1. 8,880 Posts.
    The following was released and recalled an hour later...

Environmental approval for Gunson's mineral sands project
    22-February-06

West Perth-based Gunson Resources Ltd has received environmental approval from the state government for its proposed Coburn Mineral Sands project near Denham.

The project is subject to strict environmental conditions, including rehabilitation and revegetation of the areas mined, to ensure the proposal doesn't impact on the nearby Shark Bay World Heritage Property.

Previously, Gunson significantly reduced risks to the heritage property by amending its mine plan to remove its largest northernmost pit.

The Coburn Mineral Sands project covers 1200 square kilometers of a fossil coastline which the company says "has the potential to host a world class heavy mineral sand field."

Below is the full announcement:

Environment Minister Mark McGowan has given environmental approval for a proposal by Gunson Resources to mine mineral sands at its Coburn Mineral Sands project near Denham.

The approval follows the consideration of two appeals against the Environmental Protection Authority's report and recommendations on the proposal.

The company had previously amended its mine plan to remove the largest and northernmost pit. The removal of this pit significantly reduced that amount of clearing required and significantly reduced risks to the Shark bay World Heritage Property.

The project will be subject to a range of strict environmental conditions aimed at ensuring that the proposal does not impact on the nearby Shark Bay World Heritage Property. The proponent also will have to minimise impacts on significant native flora and fauna.

Tough conditions also will be applied for rehabilitation and revegetation of the areas mined.

Mr McGowan has asked the EPA and the Department of Environment to monitor the mine closely and to seek independent expert advice in reviewing key management plans required for the operation.

"While I am satisfied that the project can be implemented in an environmentally acceptable manner, given the proximity of the mine to the Shark Bay World Heritage Property and the scale of mining proposed, a very stringent approach to environmental management is necessary," he said.

"The conditions to be applied to the project will ensure that this occurs. These will include requirements for strict rehabilitation criteria to be met, with the progressive development of the mine contingent on the company meeting these standards."

The Minister's decision also will require the company to put in place a range of environmental offsets including:
    - contribution of funds and support for scientific research into the ecology of the Shark Bay World Heritage Area;
    - contribution of funds for the Shark Bay Interpretive Centre in Denham, which is a conservation and environmental education centre sponsored by the Federal and Western Australian Governments;
    - improvement of fencing between the site and the World Heritage Area;
    - contribution to the Carnarvon Basin Rehabilitation Project;
    - de-stocking the Coburn pastoral lease to allow vegetation to recover and then re-stocking it at a rate well below carrying capacity; and
    - controlling feral cats and foxes.

http://www.wabusinessnews.com.au/en-story....l-sands-project

Apparently a stuffup in the Ministers office, accidently released with another Companies mining approval on Wednesday, was only out there for an hour before a recall but during that time the article was released.
    Next week should see some action on GUN when the announcement is released to the ASX. as it looks to be "unofficially at this stage" approved.
    After this "Enviormental approval" it will proceed to DOIR which will take about 2 weeks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GUN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.