AZT 0.00% 0.0¢ azure health technology limited

Read this now, page-122

1. 1,087 Posts.
    Mobile platforms whether they be apps games or browsers present various challenges to monetise effectively.
    Maybe Moko are finding that out, hence their latest emphasis is not about revenue at all .

Mobile apps are even harder to monetise effectively.
    Your app primarily should be a service. Moko are making their downloads free so their revenue will rely on compromising the service  (as you see in the comments of users) by placing ads in strategic places which will most probably be at odds with it's usability.
    A big obstacle with users of mobile phones, is the feeling of intrusion to what someone has called the diary of the 21st century.Mobile phones are intimate possessions and third parties must be very subtle when intruding on someone's personal space.
    Placing ads overtly or worse forcing ads on mobile users through popups and popunders as Moko mention in their presentations and you run the risk of alienating your customer for ever.
    Also the cost of running apps and maintaining and updating them can be quite high, especially if you are integrating a complex advertising platform on it.
    Yet Moko are having to share any revenue they achieve while carrying all the costs.
    Therefore I think Moko's model is not sustainable and imo they should use what market capital they have to buy a revenue model that is working.
    I don't like their chances.

Worth reading:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/world...-business-models-for-a-mobile-economy-1264419

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.