read this - right on the money!, page-45

1. 5,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Not joking, Dave and for your information and the information of my ever vigilant, hard working, and too frequently unthanked colleagues in ASIO, I make the following clear and unequivocal statement.

Hamas’ Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades is a proscribed terrorist organisation in Australia and I do not support it. However it is my belief that increasing numbers of Palestinian people do support Hamas.

And why would they do this?

Hamas is resiliant. Not only have they have survived the past twenty years, they have grown stronger. No matter how many of their operatives and leaders are killed, the organisation increases in number and influence.

Hamas is capable. They have built hundreds of kilometres of tunnels beneath and out of their Gaza prison. They provide humanitarian support, administrative services and military training for the population and they do it with unbelievably meagre financial support.

Hamas is trusted. The population voted them in and, given the chance, will almost certainly do it again.

Hamas is incorruptible. Corruption is incompatible with Hamas' jihadist ideals. Perhaps this is what Israel fears most about Hamas.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.