ABY 2.46% $1.04 adore beauty group limited

read this, page-26

1. 12,211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1776
    Hi pooh_bear, yes I agree an interesting story and definately worthy of a second thought or two.
    The Chinese are capable of doing anything that will suit their own interests.
    Unfortunately most analysts, CEO's etc from Western countries don't understand the Chinese or comprehend how they do business.
    Many have failed to understand how business in done in Asia.

http://www.expertguide.com.au/news/Article.aspx?ID=885

Thats why I've again just spent 4 weeks travelling in China, I've been to places where most westerners wouldn't venture ( except backpackers) . I like to see for myself what is happening and make up my own mind as to whether what I read about is correct.
    The Chinese will on occasions manipulate figures to suit their own agenda, it's not done directly by the Central Gov't but it's from the regions and provinces. They either want more money for infrastructure or they wish to inflate their own importance.
    Very few westerners understand the Asian way. Almost none know how to do business sucessfully in Asia.
    How many have REAL friends in China or Asia for that matter? Very few. That's why they ALL hang out at expat bars and clubs.
    The Chinese will do business with anyone who has a dollar, or has something to sell that they want.

Yes, the Chinese have been buying copper for the last few months, restocking and stockpiling. They knew that Cu at US$1.20-1.40/lb was just stupid. Metal traders had pushed the price down so low that any fool knew that it was a good buy/or a bargain of a lifetime.
    The Chinese know that they need copper, so why not buy at these cheap prices.
    The question is, are the Chinese using all this copper?
    I think, yes they are using it, even more than we think.
    HOWEVER
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese bought more in the short term to sell it back to the LME to drive down prices.

One thing I do know is that analysts DON'T really have clue about what is happening in China.

IF they visit China, you'll find them sitting in the restaurants in the 5* hotels in Shanghai or Beijing.
    BUT
    You'll never see them dining with the locals in a downtown restaurant. You'll never see them travelling on an regional bus or train.
    I doubt whether they really have a clue about what is happening in China.
    Did you know some provinces in China are growing at 13% for the 1/2 year.
    Take a look at Chongquing a large city in western China, it has a population of 35 million and the growth rate is 13% +.
    You need to have a look to see the roads, bridges, railways, buildings etc to make up your own mind, I've seen it all.
    You cannot build so much intrastructure without using IO, Cu, Ni, Zn etc.

The problem for ABY is that we have too many shareholders who like the analysts don't have a clue about what is going on. They read the drivel put out by the media who only know about China by using google. They worry that the recent rally will fizzle out and that we'll end back at 10 cents again.
    YES
    The shareprice might go down, but it has little to do about what is happening in China.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.