MMN macmin silver ltd

What is the attraction of this company over others that also...

1. 568 Posts.
    What is the attraction of this company over others that also have a depressed share-price? Have you looked at the history of what Macmin has done for shareholders over the decade? Someone buying this share still only has the implied promises of a board that has always critically under-delivered in the past.

They first produced silver powder at start of April '07. It is over 16 months further on now and they are still commissioning the mine and plant. They are nowhere near cash operating cost positive let alone self-funding across all their liabilities.
    They are tinkering in the EW plant with the electrodes, they are building another leach heap, they are adding more screening and crushing, they are adding merrill crowe units, an outside processor has to purify the powder. All this for an operation that was predicted to be simple, and all this, and probably more, is supposed to make them profitable somewhere down the track. Why believe them now?

There are quite a few drastically cheapened gold stocks on the boards that are producing profitably, and a few are even paying a good dividend. What's the point of this one? Because it's cheap? It can get cheaper. Because it's the only primary silver producer in Australia? Big deal, I got sucked into that promotional angle. Big deal if they cant make a go of it after all this time! It's just a gimmick to appeal to silver buffs I reckon. If you like silver, go and buy some bullion while it's cheap and bears no medium to long term risk whatsoever. I sold out of MMN shares and options at more than a $10k loss after investing almost $50K in increments over 5 years. Buying during the 'dips', and through the share purchase plans which dangled their now worthless 'bonus' options in front of my nose. Almost 50 grand into the Macmin maw and less than 40 grand out. And if I'd sold today at say 8c, instead of back then at 17c, I'd be another $20k down. You know what that $50k would have been worth if I'd used it to buy silver bullion at the same times? $100 thousand and no risk.

You have only their word that it will get any better at Macmin. This is not even a roughie punter's special - you're not even being offered good odds on a horse that has shown itself lame year after year after year. A horse that a couple of the hands-on senior management hadn't risked a dollar of their own money on when last I looked. They even sold the shares they realised from exercising their employee options. Do you think you're in a position to read the situation better than the project manager and the company secretary (ex CEO)?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.