EPN 0.00% 2.4¢ epsilon healthcare limited

ready for next leg up, page-5

1. 193 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I believe MMJ also have approvals for importing CBD capsules through Satipharm. I'm not sure what stage it is at in the process.

The pricing on their European website for their capsules looks quite steep, so plenty of room for competition with a locally produced product down the track.

Regarding licensing in response to comments on the other thread, importation would involve a different licence to the one fro which they have applied. I do not believe it is as arduous a process as local research and manufacturing licences, and is part of a fast tracking process announced some months ago by Greg Hunt as a stop gap measure to provide supply to patients until local supply can be established (with their long licence application processes and then development timeframes). The importation licence would require the type of product being imported to be specified, so I don't think THC would have been able to apply for an import licence before the deal was officially inked.

We also need to look at the longer term picture: imports and distribution are not the end game (the announcement by Minister Hunt is an interim measure. Will these import licences be renewed once there is a local supply? I don't know.

Now, initial access to MC is through special access schemes, which allow patients access to non-TGA approved drugs. The goal of THC with their pharmaceutical model is to have a TGA-approved product that can be stocked on pharmacy shelves (or in their safes, at least). The real value in this alliance is on their clinical trial data. This is a key requirement for TGA approval, and trials not happen quickly. Access to this data will allow THC to fast track their development rather than having to start at square one once the research licence is finally granted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EPN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.