OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

Worth reviewing ASX Ann 09th Dec 2016 Company Update Preparation...

1. 2,475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 855
    Worth reviewing

ASX Ann 09th Dec 2016 Company Update
    Preparation of remedial action plan well advanced-Accept it did not happen!

Independent Technical Reviews Support Recommencement
    of Operations at Cascavel

Reviews by SRK and Mining Plus conclude that mining & recovery issues
    can be readily rectified.

In summary, the key components of the plan to recommence operations at
    Cascavel include:
    • Increasing the amount of high-grade ore being delivered to the processing plant by revising the mine plan to open up more development in the higher grade southern portions of the mine.
    • Improving gold recoveries by enhancing the liberation of gold from the ore.
    •  Providing additional training to plant employees; and
    •  Increasing the amount of working capital available to the Company.

Cascavel Gold Mine – Independent Technical Reviews
    Overall, Mining Plus stated: "The issues observed at the Cascavel Mine are common
    start-up and commission(ing) problems, and we identified no "fundamental
    problems that should impede the mine from achieving success."

Key issues and areas of improvements identified in the review process included:
    The key findings from the review of the Cascavel processing circuits were that gold recoveries
    weremost likely to have been impacted due to insufficient liberation of the gold
    from the ore and from operator error during the first two months of operation
    of the plant.

Modifications to the tertiary crusher (VSI) are required to overcome the poor performance
    of this crusher and the circuit’s inability to date to achieve the optimal particle size
    distribution for gold liberation.

If further tuning of the VSI does not result in the achievement of the desired particle size distribution,
    then a small mill will be introduced to the circuit.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that's further reassurance & conformation that recent sampling results being received
    after particle size is reduced post finer crushing liberates more gold from utilizing hammer mills.
    Its a pity for LTH-that this was not acted upon some 13 months ago when Reviews by SRK and
    Mining Plus conclude that mining & recovery issues can be readily rectified!!!

Further that the KEY FINDINGS from the review
    Cascavel processing circuits were that gold recoveries were most likely to have
    been impacted due to insufficient liberation of the gold from the ore
    and from
    operator error during the first two months of operation of the plant.
    Modifications to the tertiary crusher (VSI) are required to overcome the poor performance of this crusher and the circuit’s inability to date to achieve the optimal particle size distribution for gold liberation.
    If further tuning of the VSI does not result in the achievement of the desired particle size
    distribution, then a small mill "WILL" be introduced to the circuit ???

salt

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.