AHO australian hotel fund

real asset backing $0.74, share price $0.40, page-8

1. 1,006 Posts.
    Howdy MJS ...

Yep noted they went from 6 to 3 Hotels ... good news.

Wasn't trying to preach ... have learnt some hard lessons over many years with this type of stock just thought I would pass on the ratios and rules I use.

Just have a couple of others ...

If they are controlled by overseas interests take another 10% off your starting price.

So if we were talking about a company with NTA of $1.00 and was small cap made a small and only small loss
    no dividend and was controlled out of HK or China
    well would start at 50% less 10% for small cap
    less 10% for Asian controlled less 10% for a loss previous year and maybe even 5% lower for no div ...
    so in this case I would only pay 15 cents in the dollar.

Also if a small cap makes a loss I would only accept a small loss when looking at it ... if it had say a NTA of 36 cents and lost say 11 cents per share the previous year would not touch it ... just too big a risk.

Sorry about the babble ... just wanted to share.

About no one talking on it ... not unusual ... CFI ... is one I have from 39 cents ... currently 64 cents ... colonial first state private ... hammered to just on 50% of NTA ... no good reason ... I shall do a search of HC and see if anyone at all posted on it in the last 12 months ... probably not. Almost time to sell CFI .... approaching NTA and not a real performer ... good run anyhow... 64 % in less than 12 months.

Good luck and have a good W/E

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AHO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.