TOE 0.00% 30.0¢ toro energy limited

I'm happy to average down; bring it on. Article I referenced...

1. 1,516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 242
    I'm happy to average down; bring it on.

Article I referenced before- read it.: NOTE -SPOT PRICE IS KEY.

Most of the countries that use nuclear-generated electricity do not have sufficient domestic uranium supplies to fuel their own nuclear power reactors. The electric utilities in those countries must secure their required uranium supply by entering into medium- and long-term contracts with foreign uranium producers and other suppliers. These contracts usually provide for deliveries to begin two to four years after they are signed and provide for delivery from four to ten years thereafter. In awarding medium- and long-term contracts electric utilities consider, in addition to the commercial terms offered, the producer's uranium reserves, record of performance and production cost profile. Prices are established by a number of methods, including base prices adjusted by inflation indices, reference prices (generally spot price indicators, but also long-term reference prices) and annual price negotiations. Contracts may also contain annual volume flexibility, floor prices, ceiling prices and other negotiated provisions. Under these contracts, the actual price mechanisms are usually confidential. Electric utilities procure their remaining requirements through spot and near-term purchases from uranium producers and other suppliers, including governments and other utilities holding excess inventory.

While long-term demand is steadily growing, short-term demand is affected in a large part by utilities' uncovered requirements. To the extent that utilities have uncovered demand in the near term, they will purchase on the spot market which in turn affects the spot price. Currently, there is relatively little uncovered demand, so utility buying is primarily discretionary. Uncovered demand is projected to increase significantly over the period of 2015 to 2018, which should result in increased contract activity late 2014 and into 2015.

Historically, spot prices are more volatile than long-term prices. The spot price began 2013 at $43.50 per pound U3O8 and trended lower throughout the year, ending 2013 at $34.50 per pound U3O8.

The long-term price is published on a monthly basis and began the year at $56.00 per pound U3O8. It rose to $57.00 per pound at the end of April, declined to $55.00 at the end of June and then dropped to $50.00 per pound, where it remained through to the end of 2013.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
30.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $37.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.0¢ 31.0¢ 30.0¢ $41.49K 134.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 33806 30.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.5¢ 26845 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.28am 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.