CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

real competition or ip breach, page-16

1. 106 Posts.
    staz024, as per the part of the article you posted:

"Because Redox hasn’t yet manufactured complete systems, it remains to be seen how reliable they will be. Fuel cells are notorious for requiring expensive maintenance and not lasting more than a few years, which is one of the reasons they haven’t taken off yet."

A very good point and the reason why I would not invest in them until I see longevity figures and commercial prices, otherwise I could end up invested in a pile of de-laminating (falling apart) junk like Ceres had.

Ceres were also going to be dirt cheap and all that happened is their system failed in trials. Now they have pumped up the share price enough to get some cash in, but all their decent scientists and production staff have moved on and a lot of other staff were made redundant. They won't have a system to sell until at least 2016, I think 2017 is more likely, and that is dependent on third parties developing systems using their stack.

I can see it being a long drawn out farce there, with Ceres promising the boiler makers a decent stack but issues keep appearing which Ceres promise to fix but only half fix, so it takes years of trial and error (on top of the 9 years they have had to develop their technology!!) to end up with a product that can actually be put into the market, by which time Redox will be making 5kW systems. If CFU are lucky they might still be around as competition then too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.