Each sale is different. Suburbs, cities, states are different....

1. 783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Each sale is different. Suburbs, cities, states are different. What has worked for you may not work for someone else.

You've sold 3 properties and saved money on commission. You never know an agent might have been able to sell those properties for a higher price. Who knows.

Sales commissions are expensive - I won't argue that. I think they are too. More to do with the current market and value of properties now than anything else. Commissions are negotiable though. If you don't see value in it do it yourself. Most people won't though as they have absolutely no idea where to start.

And you are leasing and managing your own properties as well. Its pretty easy to do hey.......... Until you make a mistake, you get a bad tenant, you have a dispute with a good tenant that spoils the relationship or another one of the million other scenarios occurs which you don't have experience in. You then make another mistake and before you know it you are so far gone that the tenant has all the rights. I've seen landlords who have self managed for decades with no problems only then to get hit with something they can't fix. Then they say to agents "how the hell do you do this job everyday".

Hey look real estate agents aren't perfect. No industry is. But to think every agent is a greedy lazy good for nothing is just plain wrong.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.