GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi AverageJoe and all, In my particular circumstances I am happy...

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Hi AverageJoe and all,

In my particular circumstances I am happy to hold a percentage of the money I made over my working life time in physical Gold.

However, even a modest pot can handle a small say 5% to 10% holding in Gold in my opinion.

I see claims here about holding quality blue-chip stocks such as our big banks for the longer term, this may well have been true in the past; however, a look at CBA since 2015 and even the last two days on the DOW would appear to be indicating the need for a change of thinking.

The truth is in all of financial history we have never found ourselves in such a position of debt, low and even actual negative interest rates and other what I refer to as emergency measures being required to keep markets afloat.

Historically real estate has been a terrific way to make money I often hear that something like 70% of Australian Millionaires made their money this way; however, we are now seeing for the first time I can recollect property prices in our major cities falling. If we can’t sell our Mac-Mansions at a price the next generation can afford who can we sell them too?

Certainly not the sports science graduates currently personal training the fancy coffee maker / barista’s and walking dogs to pay off their student loans.

By the way I would not be too hard on yourself referring as you do to being a mug, this January my manufacturing company will be thirty years old and I have spent those years building up a business the hard way, when in fact I now learn it could all be done the same way as our government runs the country.

Cheers and very best regards: Andy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.