AZY 10.0% 2.2¢ antipa minerals limited

Maybe there is hope for these targets but until something...

1. 418 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    Maybe there is hope for these targets but until something massive is discovered, it remains only that. Hope was enough to get AZY through ten years, but it's not a commodity the company can sell any more. Like teasing, hope is only good when you think there will be delivery on the expectation. After a while without delivery, people get tired of it and move on. The place they move to may not be as exciting, but pretty soon they realise it's better to have 2% of something rather than 100% of nothing.

Anyone who bought into and held AZY over the past two years knows only loss. Serious loss, up to 80%. A standard bank account would have delivered about 2%. Not much, but at least it's in the green. I think what we're seeing now is people who bought many years ago around 1c now saying "Enough!"

I like Mason. He comes across as very knowledgeable, restrained, serious and believable. He's streets ahead of Power as a front man. But I wouldn't regard his utterings as guidance or base an investment decision on them. I hope that a year from now people aren't going back to his optimistic comments in the same way that we now remember Power's.

I think AZY had it's "discovery moment" and great results in 2021 with Minyari East, then in 2022 with a huge increase to the Minyari MRE, together with expansion of the Rio JV spend at Citadel and plenty of other very good reports and results. But it wasn't good enough, and the market has made that clear ever since. It's for this reason I think any new discovery would have to be off the scale to make a difference. Possible, yes. Likely?

If I was thinking of AZY as an investment, I'd go for $10,000 at 1c to get 1m shares, put them in the bottom drawer and hope for the best. The upside is great if it has success like DEG. The downside isn’t soul- or wallet-destroying if it doesn't.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.