kincella......I had a different situation. I have renovated...

1. 934 Posts.
    kincella......I had a different situation. I have renovated about 6 or 7 houses & physically built 2 over the last 35 yrs. so I know a bit about building construction. I had an old rusty corr.iron roof that needed replacing so I decided to change the design & add a couple of skylights. I couldn't leave it open for too long so I hired a tradie to help. Well a couple of mths later & I am still fixing his mistakes. Apart from not coming back to finish the guttering, not tying down the rafters with strapping, making the eaves overhang the wrong size & only fixing the iron with half the screws I spent a day plastering up a hole in the ceiling where the buffoon put his foot through. Now i'm up to replacing some barge capping that he cut at the wrong angle, I find that the new capping that he ordered is too short. Oh yes, where the main roof meets the verandah roof is leaking so that's another job to fix. Because the job was a bit complicated (it shouldn't have been for an "expert") he worked by the hour where he strung the job out from originally 2wks to 4wks & still didn't finish it, & wanted cash in hand. He took a whole day to put up a 7m long barge board & capping. This has happened before. I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent fixing tradesmens mistakes cos they won't follow direction & just want to do it the quickest way for them & get out with the cash. Sorry but I have no respect for them. What they do is not mysterious, magical or even that hard. The wonderous part is getting them to even turn up.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.