realistic expectations, page-23

1. 1,000 Posts.
    Sierra,

Im not having a go at you at all. I however disagree that they buyer decides ths price. This would not apply to all areas of Autralia. The real balue of a home is determined by a willing seller and willing buyer agreeing to a price.

I recently pu a property of mine up for sale. I was asking $850k. The sellers were all at $700-$720k according to the agent. I decided not to accept their offer and subsequently sold it for $790k to another buyer who came a long.

People that have to sell their home amd sell their home for whatever price is not a real representation of the value of the home.

Mike. Please dont compare us to the USA. We are totally different from them.

Ill pose this question then, why are houses so frickn expensive in Darwan... Its up shit creek has nothing going for it apart from crocodile infested beaches, yet the rental is 30-50% more expensive and so are the home and apartments.

The reason is that it is so close to asia you have a lot of investment from asian buyers its only a few hours by plane to Australia from that point.

Twobees,

Yes America has some great buys at the moment or are they great buys really... Did your friend purchase it 25% bellow the asking price, yes you probably are right, the main question that should be asked is..

Was the property your friend was looking at 25% above tha market price..? Why did the owner sell? The real reason for a sale can speak volumes, debt, divorse, death... These are factors that allow a house to be sold for whatever in many cases.

Far out someone in real estate help me :)

BUY BUY!!! Believe me you can not go wrong, property doubles in value every 7-10 years :)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.