LYC 0.00% $7.02 lynas rare earths limited

realistic fair value, page-43

1. 19,585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4973
    Timmo, changing a name does not fool anybody that the products come from Malaysia, the source of the "issues", and even trying could be counter productive.
    If you were saying "RED product from WA" I would agree with you but while the LAMP remains in Malaysia the only way to resolve the issue is to solve the problem. Most references in main stream media to the environmental claims have also included mention of the political motivation, and both appear to be diminishing daily. With the LAMP in successful operation Lynas is also making a mockery of such claims.
    Who are you targeting with a name change?
    A purchasing officer's first question will be: "Lynas/RED have you solved your production issues in Malaysia? Can you guarantee me LT supply"
    Any new investor: "Lynas/RED have you solved your sovereign risk issues in Malaysia? Is this a secure investment?"
    We're not talking consumer branding here, the target audience will look straight thru a name looking for the substance. If there's nothing there it really doesn't matter how you gild it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.02
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.561B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ $7.09 $6.86 $415.7K 64.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 7589 $7.37

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.67 1159 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.54am 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.