XJO 2.11% 7,943.2 s&p/asx 200

reality check wednesday

1. 490 Posts.
    Here's my reality check....

I started trading shares in 2008. It was something I
    always had an interest in doing. First step open an online account through my bank. My first investment was always going to be BHP, picked them up for $27. I watched them everyday I read a couple of trading books to get my head
    around the world I just joined. A while later I sold them for $41 made a $25k profit. This is easy! Visions of early retirement,luxuries I only dreamed of started to take over my thoughts. Not long after I had a strategy! I'd pick a blue chip that hadn't yet recovered from the GFC. Blue Scope my next target. Put the same amount in again only this time red days outnumbered the green.In at $2.28 out at $2.15 I picked a divie up along the way but still rode a decent loss. I was alone in this as far as no one I knew traded shares. It was about then I discovered HC. All these people, talking the trading lingo, I was hooked. Attracted to the stocks with the highest posts I jumped in on a couple of specs. I was going to double my money no worries I read day in & day out from people with much more experience than me. Result I lost all my profit & nearly all my trading money. What a newbie... Seems so long ago.

Its funny how you get drawn to certain things. The XJO thread with all the TA posts and humour in between suits my personality down to a tee.

Without rambling much further...I've learnt my lesson.
    A reality check was always going to happen.
    I can't stop trading investing now, im in for the long haul ... I've just got to get better at it.
    Knowledge is power.

Green out numbers red these days

Cheers
    Costa

PS. crankers are stressful
    I tip my hat to all who have put one up.

PPS. Stu has put me in so many crankers I feel it's only fair I do the same.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.