FBR 2.22% 4.6¢ fbr ltd

reality check, page-43

1. 419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    The problem is your applying FBR to today's building sites in Sydney alone.

This narrow view is due to your limited experience in the industry. Don't take this the wrong way, i'm not saying that you haven't been a tradie for many years etc or maybe your not a tradesman, i dont know, actual trade experience is not a pre-requisite for a site supervisor, though it's certainly preferable. What i'm getting at is you've probably only had experience working in Sydney or similar areas where it's mostly timber frame homes.

Yes, it would require significant change in housing design for FBR to be able to crack that particular market place, though they don't initially need that to take place at all. Homes in Perth, WA where FBR is based are double skin, single brick/two course brick internal and external walls built from the slab up. The only timber frames are on the second story of two story homes. When a bricky rolls up to a job in WA he's presented with a bare slab, there are no obstructions in the way because the bricklayer builds all external/internal walls and fits all the doors and windows. As i'm sure you can imagine this is the bread and butter of the HX unit.

The use of stronger construction adhesives as opposed to mortar by FBR is also most likely compliant to build in C4 wind rated areas (cyclone regions) which opens up a very large market place where in tropical areas 90% of homes are built by brick/block layers in similar fashion from a bare slab and no obstructions, though using blocks, reinforced with steel and core-filled with concrete.

In Europe, colder climates, again this is also true, it's double skin brick/block or large solid blocks with good thermal properties.

Anyway, my point is, you most definitely will see FBR on construction sites at the end of this year, or early next year at the latest. FBR have an 11 home contract with Archistruct in WA. If FBR proves to be efficient and cost effective as apposed to traditional bricklaying you most definitely will see a substantial change in the industry over the next ten years to accommodate.

I have specific industry experience with timber frame homes in Melb, tropical commercial builds in Darwin, domestic homes in Perth and commercial hi-rise builds in London where i'm a foreman for a large commercial brick/block laying firm.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FBR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.