MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Sav,The thing you have to ask yourself is whether or not the...

1. 649 Posts.
    Sav,
    The thing you have to ask yourself is whether or not the "massive build" as you call it was excessively inflated and just a tad out of touch with reality. I am not suggesting people were deliberately misled or fooled but over the past few weeks and even more so now I can't help feeling that the positive sentiment fed on itself to levels that were in my view unhealthy and financially dangerous for the vulnerable.

I too contributed somewhat to that which I regret. Many of us so keenly wanted it to be a success that I think we (especially those with less oil and gas technical knowledge) listened to what we wanted to hear and tuned out on anything that didn't fit with the desired outcome.

The psychology and emotive impact of social media like HC is fascinating.

I am very grateful to the more technical contributors for their efforts and assistance here but the lesson learned is to ensure one does not invest too heavily on the basis of their views. Unfortunately for those with little technical knowledge it is all too easy to rely on "experts" making the right noises when making our own investment decisions. As many have said, we make our own choices (which i agree with) but its the influential impact of forums like this that can sometimes lead folks to make choices thinking they are sufficiently informed when in reality they are not.

I suspect many here now have downgraded their internal assessment on the probability of success with Gurame and yet strangely on that front nothing has actually changed.

Fingers crossed we are lucky with Gurame and the upper zone at HS1 but let's not as an online community, bank it until the fat lady actually sings this time!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.