MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

reality, page-7

1. 3,839 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1815
    This may not be reality, but is how I see (saw) it:

PBR are one of the world's premier Methanol players.

MEO are looking to set up a FLNG facility with Methanol processing capacity.

PBR farms in on Artemis, on the basis that the data is good, but also if the field proves to hold gas, MEO and PBR can earn money selling the gas to their neighbours, who are desparate to find gas for their current LNG projects. The time from discovery to exploitation of the resource would have been pretty fast.

PBR then partners up with MEO to get the Methanol plant running. No point partnering up with a company who cannot pay their share of the development costs. Artemis, if successful would have allowed MEO to develop this project without running cap in hand to the market or financiers.

That, in my opinion was the long term play. It didn't work and PBR isn't likely to walk away from this - there will be a plan B to get MEO's projects off the ground. Artemis may not even be done with yet! (So we might have a plan A.2 before plan B) Plan B won't involve running to financiers. The risks involved with this kind of devlopment are large and the cost of finance would reflect that, especially now we have a risk adverse finance sector.
    Plan C might involve this kind of action.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.