TEX 0.00% 8.0¢ target energy limited

realsing what todays announcement means, page-14

1. 8,606 Posts.
    Norton,

Good one, thanks for your input.

I think we see it the same way, but i am trying to address the misinterpretation of the ann and so have chosen descriptions that may not suit the play exactly.
    Thanks for your analogy.

From my discussion and research i have ascertained that sand leech and rock formations fracture.

The Lower and tighter section is indeed of low permeability. It therefore must be fracked to be improved.
    That is why they are fracing the Meek1 Sandstone formations which can both leech and crack/fracture naturally.
    In tighter bearing formations, it is only via a fracture that the gas can possibly escape, it would not leech due to the permeability factors.
    And in a tighter formation, the practice of broadcasting hard material into the cracks so as to wedge them open ensures debri which can work for and against you, just like you described Norton.
    The upside increases significantly but the down side stands as only it is now. Fracture stimulation therfore is a good risk qualifier.
    As i said, lets see how the fractures behave after being stimulated...and after clean-up.

I think we are on the same page.

The usage of the percantages - sorry, it does sound ridiculous, but a 1000% increase from a thousand cubic feet is not unheard of by any means. That would be 1 million cubic feet and 1 million cubic feet is a minimal amount req'd to become economical, by rule of thumb.

So for us to have (for example only) a thousand cubic feet per day leeching, then after fracing, it would more than acheiveable to get a million cubic feet. In fact, i could have even uysed a higher percentage and still stayed in the normal range - some well flow at 20 - 40 million cubic feet per day for months at a time, just look at Annadarkos wells for confirmation. We dont have that type of acrerage though, so we wont be going that high. I'd hope for 1.5 Million cubic feet per day - 4mcfpd as a good result.

I actually study a large faulted sandstone formation in my region on a weekly basis (as i travel to it for other reasons i use the opportunity while im there), so as to understand how natural and forced faultline and frac zones effect ceiling points and how certain past techniques have made the hydrocarbons behave. Subterrainial leeching is still visible at the site, visible through watered areas.
    So i tend to work visually when trying to convey my appreciation.

Cheers

L

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TEX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.