AJX 0.00% 1.1¢ alexium international group limited

Reason, emotions and explanatory styles

1. 17,705 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I spent time in the garden yesterday which meant lots of thinking.  Mostly I was thinking about the nature of posting on this Board – about Alexium but specifically I was thinking about it in the context of identity and self-determination.

When I got married in my twenties people were surprised – that I had bothered at all (long story) but mostly that I took my husband’s last name. I had apparently, up till then, been firmly in the camp of feminist. But I took that name because it was common and I could forge an identity separate to that of my birth family.   For years at work I had the pleasure of being me – my work, my contribution and my effort and thinking and style.  They were my responsibility and my identity.  I didn’t lose it just because I might work for someone else or with someone else.   (Apart from the usual garbage that goes on in a work place)

Now I start writing on Hotcopper about Alexium because it amuses me and keeps my brain going and I find myself without a separate identify it appears.  For those who haven’t listened before – my views are my own.  I am more than capable of thinking for myself, writing for myself and mounting an argument all on my own.   I am not Pinto’s play thing, alter ego or his ramp buddy.  He can write what he likes – I’m not responsible for it.   And there is no way I will write something just because he thinks it.   In fact I don’t think he would dare try and tell me to.
    So I am really struggling to understand why the assumption is made that we sing from the same hymn book. Of course we both think there is lots to like about Alexium.  Do you think we would both be invested in it if we didn’t?  But I do my research and he does his and that is what we discuss.  Where are the differences? Are they material?   Is there an explanation for what we each believe? Are the differences subject to compromise?  Have we each, or together missed something?   I deal with his enthusiasm by going through the logic.  He deals with my anxieties by going through the logic.   Gee that’s how sensible people behave.   We aren’t so sensible on other things but shares, investing and trading all require sense.  Otherwise you become victim to the highs and lows, the misery and the elation.   (Well that’s what we think anyway)

Not only that but I am aware that Hotcopper says it wants balanced debate.  But balance doesn’t come from bagging people and it doesn’t come from decrying what others write without any rationale.   It doesn’t actually come from being upset when the share price falls and blaming others for the decisions one has made.  And it doesn’t actually come from relying on rules, laws or other people.  It comes from discussing the ISSUE, from separating the person from the argument and from avoiding labels.  It doesn’t come labelling anyone with a positive outlook on fundamentals with weird technicals and a falling share price as a ramper or pumper – if they make an attempt to explain why. They might be wrong but sense would say explain why they are wrong if balance is to exist.  A contrary view to those people is not really contrary if all that is expressed is a statement along the lines of “you’re wrong” or straight criticism.   (my thoughts but you cant remove the consultant from me)

All of these thoughts came from thinking about the quality of discussion (if that is the right term) on the Alexium board.   And I don’t mean style – different people have different styles – what matters for me is content.  There are many people who post things that are thoughtful and interesting and help me to think through possible issues.  There are others who add little and when invited to clarify the reason for their discontent other than share price NEVER take up the officer.

So having pondered this for a substantial part of the day imagine my surprise when I came in from the garden to find a thread that had become a slinging match.

Since I have only been writing on hotcopper for a comparatively short time, and most definitely posted only rarely when it was in upwards trajectory I will assume that the finger is not being pointed in my direction so I can respond without being defensive

However I thought that one of the things we signed up to when joining hotcopper was to do our own research and to take responsibility for how we use information.  Its a forum not an advisory board and people have choice in how they use and read stuff.

So somehow when the share price was going up “you” (which means those who look to blame others) chose to buy into the “story”.  But now that the share price has plummeted you believe the story was fabricated. So sitting on a loss you are looking for someone to blame.  Well that’s what it looks like to me.  I wonder what the reaction will be if we were right but you sold out – but that’s your business not mine.

I recall some of the psychological models I dealt with in my work and maybe these are useful.
    So here we are the share price went up.  People bought in some apparently on what they call hype and others on reason.  Then the price goes down. Well you know people respond to life’s challenges in different ways:

reactions 2.png

And we saw them all yesterday.

I wouldn’t mind so much if the people who gripe took up any one of the invitations to explain why they are so miserable other than the share price.  But IMO if you can’t explain why you haven’t got a hope of shutting up or shutting out someone who can explain their reasoning.   Moaning is dumping, happy enthusiasm with some sort of explanation doesn’t mean pumping IMO.

So until the explanations come I remain
    confused 2.jpg but hearts emoji.jpg

Parsifal
    Last edited by Parsifal: 08/09/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.0¢ $7.714K 709.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29999 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 87584 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.