SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

It is interesting how you only seem to hear the last silver bust...

1. 848 Posts.
    It is interesting how you only seem to hear the last silver bust in the 1980's was due to the COMEX changing the rules to stop the evil(?) Hunt brothers cornering the silver market. Incidentally the Hunt brothers only ever controlled 10 %. What you don't seem to hear at all is the noticeable increase in Federal interest rates during this time. I suggest it was the US Federal Reserves actions that killed the price of silver in the 1980's more so than the actions taken by the COMEX. This being the case, then I believe silver will once again be smashed by the Fed whose interest rates are zero at the moment. Once those interest rates start to rise that will be silvers top in my opinion or thereabouts. Question is when will those interest rates rise. Looks doubtful for 2011, maybe even 2012. If this is the case silver spot has massive room to move in my opinion till then. Might be a chance that silver will not get hurt that much by interest rate rises due to its scarcity and industrial use. Same cannot be said for gold. When those rates go up gold is gonna get hammered. Anyhow, in the meantime there is good chance to take advantage of those potential longish trends.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.