LYC 3.00% $6.86 lynas rare earths limited

I agree that AL being clear that this goes forward with or...

1. 7,272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 493
    I agree that AL being clear that this goes forward with or without US support was a mistake and have said it before makes it too easy for US to bypass Lynas. US does not need any HREO at all !!!! what they need is the products that others outside of US make with these. Do not overlook EU they do have capability and some capacity nothing like China and Japan but they do have it.

I suspect that a lot of this has nothing to do with safeguarding the US supply of HREO it has more to do with Senators and Congressmen bringing the bacon home to their constituents.

When I owned GWM I found it interesting that Less common metals bought most of their equipment in US. The equipment used to make metals and aloys is actual pretty standard. It is controlling Input consisting of: Consistency of products, Temp, Time, Vacuum and inert gases and other things that take lots of know how. From an old foggy memory it took Less common Metals almost a year to have a new vacuum furnace up and running smoothly.

Just for record US is still the leader for doing things like precision Coatings on glass. Making ICs and other things that require vacuums of less than 1 or 2 milliBars high temps and usually high voltage deposition. So it is not like they are starting cold. Is it all related? No but allot applies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.86
Change
0.200(3.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.412B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.72 $6.90 $6.72 $35.19M 5.141M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1605 $6.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.86 65562 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.86
  Change
0.200 ( 3.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.72 $6.90 $6.72 1399403
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.