LYC 1.14% $6.22 lynas rare earths limited

reasons for lamp delay

1. 999 Posts.
    Hi All Long term Holders,

The longer these delays continue the more the various conspiracy theories gain traction. Please note all of these are just theories and suppositions on my part.

1. The Chinese will lose market share and have their monopoly power diminished once the Lynas LAMP is in operation. Therefore it would be more than logical for the Chinese to encourage and support any opposition to the plant.

2. The plant was behind schedule and over budget so the delay between February and June was just convenient cover to paper over the problems the company may or may not have been having at the plant.

3. Malaysia's forthcoming elections have politicized the entire issue of the LAMP and the Opposition politician Fuziah Salleh has used fear and misinformation to further her own political agenda. The PM Najib Razak has been spooked by the size of the crowds the opposition has managed to get into the streets and does not want to lose the next election. So he is being super cautious in his approach. He is testing the waters and going through ALL the necessary Government agencies to ensure that no one on his side of politics (UNMO) or the Opposition can ever accuse him of setting up another ARE plant on Malaysian soil.

4. The AELB is a Government body set up after the debacle of the ARE plant and they must be seen to be doing their job to protect public health and safety. So we must wait until Lynas Malaysia has submitted satisfactory plans that address MOSTI's two additional conditions. As well an independent expert needs to be found to fulfill the role of monitoring the LAMP to the satisfaction of the Government and the AELB.

5. Lynas Malaysia has announced that it had submitted its plans to AELB on the 19/6/12. Has Lynas Malaysia received confirmation from AELB that they have received these proposals? Is AELB actively considering whether the proposals adequately address the concerns of the Minister?
    Is anyone following up on the progress of these proposals we the shareholders would like to know what is going on?

This is a personal post
    As always DYOR I am not licensed to give personal advice.

best regards to ALL holders

jukieoz836

Disclosure:
    I am Public Officer of the Lynas Shareholders Association Inc (Reg Vic)
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.22
Change
0.070(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $5.813B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.21 $6.22 $6.07 $13.54M 2.193M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12000 $6.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.22 12273 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.