3DP 5.41% 3.9¢ pointerra limited

Reasons for stalled growth, page-2

1. 1,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1766
    Great post - that sums up the current state of play at Pointerra nicely IMO

FY2023 was clearly a step in the wrong direction for this business, and this was highlighted by revenues that fell YOY and the bigger Nett Cash Outgoing & Nett Loss figures

In this pretty tough maco environment, program delays with their key US Utility clients (and I suspect 1 or 2 other larger clients) all contributed to a poor result.

Personally, I would be stunned if the 23/24 financial year wasn't a big swing back to high growth (50% + revenue growth) for 3DP as:

Interest rate increases appear to be almost done (although there might be 1 or 2 more), and the maco environment seems to be slightly more stable than 12 months ago (so large company spending may resume).
    Pointerra appear to have retained all of their clients - so I think their platform will become more essential going forward.
    The program delays have already largely been resolved.
    A large new opportunity has been announced (eg Entergy's grid / pole program) that should generate revenue in 23/24.
    Entergy's $15b program announcement may mean that Pointerra will be used for grid / pole programs for some other large US utility clients.
    The 2 x Chief Growth Officers have now started (Joe Gerczak started around 5 months ago), they are both very well credentialled, and with their backgrounds I think more & larger deals will be forthcoming.
    Pointerra are using the funds raised to employ even more sales growth officers.

@nooneimportant's final statement was spot on - Pointerra needs to operate at much larger scale to see profitability.

And with a Gross Profit Margin of around 90%, it won't take massive amounts of revenues to be profitable (and then hopefully be highly profitable).

As previously mentioned, this is different to many microcaps on the ASX.

In the next 6 to 7 weeks until the end of October, I am hoping that we receive news of a further contract win - followed by an excellent cash flow positive 4C.

Maybe also containing some news about the US program delays all now being resolved, and potentially also detailing Pointerra's current ARR.

Then we should get the sustained uplift in the SP that we are all looking for.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
0.002(5.41%)
Mkt cap ! $28.97M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.9¢ 3.7¢ $6.414K 166.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 138220 3.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 374822 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.14pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.7¢
  Change
0.002 ( 2.63 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.7¢ 1749
Last updated 11.59am 24/05/2024 ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.