NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

reasons for sudden drop?, page-4

1. 988 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    When options are converted by Directors we are informed via a Change in Director's Interest Notice.

We have received a few of these notices over the past months as Directors bequeathed options at the grand price of 7.5 cents are unsurprisingly converted.

What I find peculiar, and this as far as I know has nothing to do with the current decline in the SP, is that...

"The Act restricts the on-sale of securities issued without disclosure, unless the sale is exempt under section 708 or 708A of the Act. By giving this notice, a sale of the Shares noted above will fall within the exemption in section 708A(5) of the Act."

Now I'm not suggesting that any of the Directors are converting shares to buy christmas presents, but I do find it peculiar that we get informed when their options are converted but not when those shares are sold.

I might just be expecting too much transparency and more knowledgeable posters on this forum may confirm that I am.

I suspect as Veecat stated in his last post, people are simply cashing in a few of their chips, and I would be doubtful if the selling trend over the past week doesn't turnaround before the SP declines further. Let's face it the mid forties seemed a missed opportunity to accumulate just two weeks ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.