OXR oxiana limited

what a great finish to the day. this got me thinking. huge...

1. 132 Posts.
    what a great finish to the day. this got me thinking. huge volume, 14% up in 45 minutes, end of day, no news, gold improving but way down from highs, copper stagnant but trending more down than up, zinc steady but perhaps having peaked (stocks still low).
    thought there may have been a bit of movement over at Toe with latest federal discussions on uranium and India today - no movement.
    So could there be fire beneath the smoke with regards to takeovers. Well, following logic, when is the best time to make a takeover - when mkt conditions are at their worst (for resources, effectively anytime from 3 weeks ago). Even better straight after a dividend payout when everyone's looking the other way.
    Are conditions in resources likely to fall much more over the next 2 years - not that likely - that's only my guess and opinion varies. Perhaps copper, but I doubt as far as is currently being suggested.
    So is the resource sector overvalued - a look through the p/e's answers that question. Is the sector becoming uncompetitive or subject to dramatic change for some reason (only due to m&a activity). The mining sector worldwide, as we all know, is the oyster of a reducing few companies now who can influence supply. Does ox have potential in the bag - we all know the answer to that. Can ox, as an aquisition, add good cash flows to my business? Blah, blah, blah...
    I could go on for ages. Basically, as far as I've been concerned for the past year, it's just a matter of time before ox grows significantly (from medium to large cap)through aquisition (because it can now afford to) or it is bought out to grow someone else (from large to very large). Granted, it's been an ordinary last six months but for those in over the past few years - who can complain - and still I'm not particularily concerned for my resource stocks over the next 2 years. Although I will begin reducing holdings during Feb 07.
    That was a few months of built up ramblings - do your own research - tomorrow morning should be interesting - maybe this is just a rumour again but mark my words, it's just a matter of time....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.