At the risk of being shot down I want to say that I am all in...

1. 1,218 Posts.
    At the risk of being shot down I want to say that I am all in favor of the super tax on mining profits even though my mining shares are taking a hit.

Reasons for this include:
    I want to leave my offspring more than a whole in the ground so money spent on infrastructure projects will have help provide them a lifestyle.

The tax is on profits so whinging by mining companies that it will destroy their livelihood is a myth.

Most of the Australian mining industry at the big end is foreign owned and these companies are getting Australia's wealth at too low a price. Their interest is profit in Wall St. and will move on when the iron ore runs out leaving supersized swimming holes and nothing else.

I have too many flat screen tvs already.

The money flowing from the current mining binge is feeding straight into housing prices. More of it needs to be directed in to worthwhile capital works that benefit all.

Most of the mining companies I invest in look like they will never turn a profit so what do I care?

Finally, who will fund the rapid transit systems our cities need if not government? Who will fund development of the rural areas in Australia where there might not be a profit to be made but a worthwhile lifestyle to be preserved. Who will see that all Australians get the benefit from our mining wealth? Certainly not the mining companies or their investors.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.